LIST has built an expertise in wireless networks, by participating in various local (Luxembourg) and European projects, but also by developing its own technology infrastructure to design, implement and test network and AI services and applications.
The expertise offered by our teams includes, but is not limited to:
- The design, implementation and use of a network digital twin, which allows testing and evaluating realistic usage scenarios that are not possible in reality yet - thus enabling operators and application developers to optimise their plans. This is done by mixing virtual and real data/models, and with the ambition in Luxembourg to develop a nation-wide initiative.
- Planning, designing and optimising networks that are subject to service and deployment constraints (e.g., regulatory framework, extreme low-latency requirements). This includes analysis of mobility management and performance assessment (capacity, coverage, traffic patterns and density analysis; scalability analysis).
- Guarantying security (data and infrastructures) and trust of future networked systems.
- AI/ML for 6G Infrastructures
- Wireless edge caching
- Awareness raising activities
- EMF exposure
- Troposphere Networking
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a mission-driven Research and Technology Organisation (RTO) that develops advanced technologies and delivers innovative products and services to industry and society. These innovations can also be used to solve a number of societal challenges, particularly in the areas of the environment, security, education and culture, sustainable development, as well as the efficient use of resources.
The "IT for Innovative Services" (ITIS) department of LIST is home to 100 IT scientists and engineers performing research and innovation activities to support the digital transition of private and public organisations to take advantage of emerging digital ecosystems based on the smooth interplay of data, physical devices, infrastructures and people. ITIS researches and develops novel ICT solutions to efficiently manage their operations, and help them taking better decisions, in a context of increasingly demanding regulation and the need for a certain level of acceptance to achieve a competitive advantage.