Canon Research Centre France S.A.S. (CRF) expertise in Collaborative Intelligent Transport System (C-ITS) covers video-based object detection, geo-localization (pedestrians, bicycles, cars, etc..), 3D point cloud analysis and multi sensor fusion, deep learning, ETSI C-ITS messaging with the introduction of C-ITS standard technologies such as Collective Perception Messages (CPM) on a surveillance sector server platform and 5G V2X communication.
On June 26, 2021, in the city of Helmond (Netherlands), CRF’s solution was showcased with an Axis Q3709-PVE network camera as part of various SECREDAS project demonstration scenarios at an intersection, including one in which it can detect that incorrect messages are being sent by a hijacked vehicle, so that vehicles in the area can be warned of the danger.
Thanks to its expertise and experience in standardization and in the EU projects and participation to CCAM partnership, CRF can contribute to several outcomes:
• Help to refine 6G test infrastructure for cooperative, connected and automated mobility use case (CCAM)
• Contribute to the validation of relevant network camera based collective perception use case deployment(s) and E2E specialized service (e.g. for cluster of cameras management, network resource management).
• Provide performance/KPI requirements and capture “lessons learned” for relevant collective perception use case(s).
• Demonstration of required device/network/service resource control from network camera sensor perspective.
• Collection of requirements for native support of AI/ML applications by 6G network for collective perception use case.
• Evaluate open interfaces enabling implementation of use case such as network for AI (application level)
By relying on existing Canon products including AXIS brand, CRF can support TRL5-7 experimentations.
Created in 1990, Canon Research Centre France S.A.S. (CRF) is the Research & Development Centre of the Canon Group in Europe and is part of Canon's global R&D. CRF is located in Rennes-Atalante Technopole in Brittany, France.
CRF is a member of AFNOR, ETSI, CCAM and the Wi-Fi Alliance, where it contributes in the fields of Video Coding, Wi-Fi, Video Streaming, File Formats, C-ITS and 5G, and submits proposals to International Standardization Bodies such as ISO MPEG, IEEE, ETSI TC ITS and 3GPP.
CRF is a member of several European projects: Horizon Europe SELFY project (Toolbox for Self-awareness, Self-protection, Self-healing in Trusty CCAM), Horizon Europe ROADVIEW project (Robust perception and weather aware decision making for CCAM), H2020 ECSEL JU project SECREDAS (Product Security for Cross Domain Reliable Dependable Automated Systems) completed in 2021.
CRF is a member of ID4Mobility, the French competitiveness cluster in mobility and Industry fields (e.g. automotive)
CRF supports business activities of the Canon group, worldwide. Milestone Systems (Denmark) and Axis Communications (Sweden), world leaders of Safety and Security network video solutions, are affiliates of the Canon group.