8BELLS can offer research and technical expertise on customizable solutions that enhance modern communications relevant to the area of 5G Mobile Technology, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and management solutions for Cloud infrastructures. The company also possesses a portfolio of cybersecurity solutions that can be used for risk assessment, cyber-hygiene, anomaly detection, and threat remediation. The company’s portfolio includes system engineering and integration services, network design and implementation, R&D consultancy, as well as targeted and customized innovative solutions.
In the technical domain, 8BELLS is further in position to offer its expertise in:
- Zero-touch, AI-driven Management and Orchestration of B5G networks through Deep Learning Algorithms (e.g., MLP, ANN, LSTM, CNN-LSTM and the corresponding federated ones) suitable for proper VNF placement and dimensioning (i.e., autoscaling up/out);
- QoS-aware resource management in the context of Service Function Chaining;
- E2E Network Slicing;
- Cloud-Edge Continuity for distributed 5G Core function placement, offloading workloads to the Edge.
Finally, 8BELLS is willing to offer the following three background technologies and assets:
- A fully-owned 5G software testbed, implementing the whole stack of a 5G network from Core to radio, for in-situ experimentation and demonstration.
- The Nicosia Data Center that houses a state-of-the-art High-Performance Computing and private cloud infrastructure powered by Supermicro servers. The platform is monitored and managed by a DevOps approach with the best-of-breed tools.
- A Data Fusion Mechanism (DFM) in order to be able to orchestrate and support large scale and structurally different data sources under common and expandable data spaces, feeding with correct datasets AI/ML algorithms.
Eight Bells Ltd. (8BELLS) (https://www.8bellsresearch.com) is an independent ICT and Research SME that specializes in providing advisory, modelling, training and IT services to institutions of the public and private sector. 8BELLS invests in cooperation strategies in order to ensure that the quality of its services and its operational procedures both comply with National and International Standards. In this regard, the company is certified by the independent Certification Body TUV Hellas – TUV Nord Group to ISO 9001, and it has applied for ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management Standard. The internal organization of the company is structured into six departments: Softwarized Networks, Cybersecurity, IoT and Sensors, Optical Networks, AI & Software Solutions, Space - Defense – Security.
The engineers of 8BELLS have strong focus on R&D with a long track record in EU- and national-funded research initiatives. They have actively participated (and coordinated) in several R&D projects in the field of networking, telecommunications, and cybersecurity, and they have authored or co-authored numerous papers in international refereed journals and conferences.
In the area of 6G-IA, 8BELLS has been a Leading SME in 5G domain, participated in eight 5GPPP H2020 projects (5G ESSENCE, 5G-CARMEN, 5GMED, 5G-INDUCE, SMART5GRID, EVOLVED-5G, AFFORDABLE5G, and AI@EDGE), using its strong expertise in various different technical and analytical domains. These span from use cases’ definition, requirements’ collection, design of the solution architecture, up to Proof-of-Concept Demonstration of 5G and beyond features (like, e.g., Edge Caching, Deterministic/Time Sensitive Networking, Near-Real-Time O-RAN Controllers, Multi-Domain Orchestration, L7-aware Open Virtual Switch supporting Programmable Network Functionalities, 5G-Wi-Fi Aggregation) into various use cases (Multimedia, CCAM, Energy, Transportation, Logistics, Industrial Automation, Mission Critical Communications, eHealth, etc.)